color enhancing cichlid food

Sanduni

Feeder Fish
Jun 20, 2017
Hello;

I'm conducting an experiment which requires me to feed half of the fish with color enhancing food and other half with noncolor enhancing food. However, I want to make sure all other ingredients are identical between the two food forms (other than the color enhancing ingredient). Does anyone have any suggestions about 2 food types I can use that are identical in all ways other than for the color enhancing abilities?

Thank you!

Reactions: tlindsey and BIG-G

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello;

I'm conducting an experiment which requires me to feed half of the fish with color enhancing food and other half with noncolor enhancing food. However, I want to make sure all other ingredients are identical between the two food forms (other than the color enhancing ingredient). Does anyone have any suggestions about 2 food types I can use that are identical in all ways other than for the color enhancing abilities?

Thank you!

Welcome to MFK☺ Omega one may be a brand worth looking into.

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
I have noticed that my fish under led reef light as fry, have alot more color pigment. Than sister fish raised under 5000k fluorescent. When together in the same aquarium.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
All tropical foods currently on the market will contain one or more (some several) forms of color enhancers. No one makes food designed for dull colored fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store