Color Management for the Web

JerseyJay

Feeder Fish
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
North Jersey
www.greenstouch.com
"How come my photograph doesn't look the same in photoshop and in viewing applications such as simple Windows Picture and Fax Viewer ?"

This question comes up on many forums, especially from people who are new to photoshop or digital editing. Here is a simple 10second correction step from Yanik.

[YT]yLHSemtYS-o[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:

blairo1

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2006
U.K.
Thanks for finding/posting this, very useful and it will surely put an end to my frustration, coincidentally it was only last night I was talking (with frustration) about this issue.

Thankyou!

JerseyJay

Feeder Fish
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
North Jersey
www.greenstouch.com
blairo1;85476; said:
Thanks for finding/posting this, very useful and it will surely put an end to my frustration, coincidentally it was only last night I was talking (with frustration) about this issue.

Thankyou!
Perfect timing. I figured few will find it useful. Enjoy !

Chaitika

MFK Moderators
Staff member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
Thanks for that, Jay. I have a feeling you have helped me with a recent saturation issue. My proof set up was on CMYK. I'll see if there's a difference when I have a chance to re-process a few recent pics.

blairo1

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2006
U.K.
It does concern me that the images I have been producing are not what I had intended, and probably for quite some time too. Serves me right for assuming that it was just win pic viewer being crap.... Lesson learnt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store