Columbian tetras with angelfish

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I was thinking with the columbians I can keep sort of a SA redish/blue/silverish theme within the tank with the red head geos, blue Angel's, blue phantom pleco all on black sand, large mexican pebbles and driftwood to make the red and blue pop

Reactions: tlindsey

Wulfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
Oregon, United States
Have you considered Glofish Tetras? My ex fiance got a pink one and it was near indestructible. They aren't especially large but they are much bigger than neons, cardinals, and others. Their body profile is almost like a silver dollar's. You can get them in green (awesome looking but maybe too bright if the attention isn't supposed to be on them), orange (more yellow than orange), pink, red (slightly pink), and blue. There are also long fin varieties. I have pictures of mine next to an angel somewhere, the tetra and the angel actually seemed to develop a bit of a bond and always swam side by side.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Have you considered Glofish Tetras? My ex fiance got a pink one and it was near indestructible. They aren't especially large but they are much bigger than neons, cardinals, and others. Their body profile is almost like a silver dollar's. You can get them in green (awesome looking but maybe too bright if the attention isn't supposed to be on them), orange (more yellow than orange), pink, red (slightly pink), and blue. There are also long fin varieties. I have pictures of mine next to an angel somewhere, the tetra and the angel actually seemed to develop a bit of a bond and always swam side by side.
Uhh yea no offense bud but uhhh no haha...I can see your new to the site most likely the hobby?....Stick around ..... Lots to learn.

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
I prefer natural looking fish too, but take exception and keep red glofish tiger barb. They look natural enough that it’s hard to tell they are unnatural.

9FEEAB32-E99E-46CE-A229-84782751AF2E.jpeg

380C8DD5-D650-4756-940C-0E0B99F4CEAA.jpeg

Reactions: ChuckCichlid

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Couldn't find the stock I wanted for a decent price or size... so I decided to go with 10 2.5 inch discus and blue phantom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store