Complete Noob: My camera and questions

Dwarf Puffers

Feeder Fish
Original poster
MFK Member
May 13, 2007
Yarmoth, N.S.
Well, I know next to nothing about photography, especially compared to people here. The camera I have to work with is a CANON PowerShot S215. Without any knowledge of how to use it, so far zooming and trying to focus (macro seems to have no effect) just gives me very blurred shots of my fish. Is it possible to get clear pics with this kind of camera? If so, what do I have to do? And finally, if it's a bunk, are there any cameras out there that'd take decent underwater and casual pictures, that wouldn't have me living in a cardboard box? Thanks and hello,

-Bryce

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Hi Bryce, my suggestion would be to choose the single best photo that you've taken so far and post it in the critique section of this site. Be sure to include what settings you used and/or what type of environment, lighting etc. that you have as well. From there it will be much easier to determine what can be done to improve your future fish photos. Welcome to AP
Jim

EmileGookE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2019
I would love to see this camera happen, but am skeptical. Why would Canon introduce a camera with better specs in some ways than the C100 at half the price? ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store