confirming the juvenile arowana I bought is a silver.

Aidan.Kilgore02

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2021
I recently bought a juvenile arowana from one of my local fish stores and would just like some help confirming it is a silver arowana, and not a black arowana. Its smaller than I initially had intended to get (about 4 inches whereas initially I had planned on getting a 6 inch aro) It was listed as a silver but the fins, particularly the bottom fin, is strikingly similar to that of a juvenile Black Arowana. It also has a small blue and orange spot just behind its head. If anyone could confirm if that sounds like it is indeed a silver, that would be much appreciated.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Pics would be great. When young silver arowanas have that blue orangy spot around its gills or head area.

Reactions: AaronKWolfe

Aidan.Kilgore02

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2021
Pics would be great. When young silver arowanas have that blue orangy spot around its gills or head area.
It's currently 1:30 a.m where I'm at so the tank light is obviously off lol. I'll see about getting some pictures tomorrow but it sounds like the spot is a good confirmation so thank you very much for that! Maybe I just got lucky and his fins have great color haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store