{COQUINA} ROCK

CichlidBeautyAlways

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2020
If anyone can help...i didnt know what or where to post this under, but am definitely hoping someone can help...

Im setting up my 55 gallon [my 2 20 gallon tanks are more plants than rocks] and am doing a more open scene with the big like rocks [variety sizes] and cichlid sand;but i wanted to know approximately how many rocks or pounds of the [coquina] rocks for example. If anyone can lmk i just dont know how much weight a 55 gallon can hold-ATER the water.

Thanks so much in advance,

Sabrina

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
If anyone can help...i didnt know what or where to post this under, but am definitely hoping someone can help...

Im setting up my 55 gallon [my 2 20 gallon tanks are more plants than rocks] and am doing a more open scene with the big like rocks [variety sizes] and cichlid sand;but i wanted to know approximately how many rocks or pounds of the [coquina] rocks for example. If anyone can lmk i just dont know how much weight a 55 gallon can hold-ATER the water.

Thanks so much in advance,

Sabrina

How much weight the aquarium stand can hold is what you want to know. Engineers who help design manufactured aquarium stands build those stands with the water substrate and rocks in mind. Some African Cichlid and Reef Setups will be fully scaped with rocks almost filling the entire aquarium.

CichlidBeautyAlways

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2020
How much weight the aquarium stand can hold is what you want to know. Engineers who help design manufactured aquarium stands build those stands with the water substrate and rocks in mind. Some African Cichlid and Reef Setups will be fully scaped with rocks almost filling the entire aquarium.
ok so...im a little-well alot of things tend to go over my head, lol.....so ur saying i should be safe to do a couple o these piles like 1 pile on each end and maybe 1 in the middle? thanks for your reply like i said sometimes i really need things explained to me lol but i sent a pic of 55 gallon well half a pic with the rocks i wanna use-there not coquina i orget the name of the ones i went with last night. But there the ones in the pics and they naturally change color. There pretty but anyways sorry if this has led to any confusion i hope it did not.
Thanks again, Sabrina

CichlidBeautyAlways

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2020
oh and ur so right i totally forgot bout reef aquariums and there usually full lol ok yes ur response most definitely helped thanks again.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Please make sure the rocks can't topple when you stack them by your fish. If fish are digger's you may want to place first rocks on the bottom of aquarium glass and then put substrate around the rocks. If fish are small and don't dig or burrow I wouldn't worry and place rocks on the substrate, Have fun and post pics.

Reactions: CichlidBeautyAlways

CichlidBeautyAlways

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2020
Please make sure the rocks can't topple when you stack them by your fish. If fish are digger's you may want to place first rocks on the bottom of aquarium glass and then put substrate around the rocks. If fish are small and don't dig or burrow I wouldn't worry and place rocks on the substrate, Have fun and post pics.
i will thanks for ur help any help is good with me and very much appreciated i will post pics when its up and ging forsure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store