Coral frag tank

david1517

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Hello everyone, I have this idea that I want to do. I want to set up about a 30 gallon tank for coral frags. I want to let them grow in that tank and then when they get bigger frag them and put this frags back into the same tank and produce tons of coral frags for the enjoyment of it and then to sell or give away when I have to much. I honestly just want to propagate coral it seems so fun. I want to know what I need and everything to do this. Thank you everyone!!

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello everyone, I have this idea that I want to do. I want to set up about a 30 gallon tank for coral frags. I want to let them grow in that tank and then when they get bigger frag them and put this frags back into the same tank and produce tons of coral frags for the enjoyment of it and then to sell or give away when I have to much. I honestly just want to propagate coral it seems so fun. I want to know what I need and everything to do this. Thank you everyone!!

Never heard of anyone doing this but it sounds like a great productive project and hopefully someone will chime in with experience.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
*If money is not an issue, and if you see it's fun to you then go for it.
*I don't know how your experience with saltwater, keeping corals so I can't say anything about that. A 30G setup for saltwater start from scratch easy cost you over $1000 bucks and months of waiting to get your tank mature, stable enough to handle some corals. Some softies coral easy to keep and grow quite fast and some corals will take months to years to grow before you can even frag them. Anything goes wrong in a 30G setup = you will lose all your corals within few hours.
*If you new to saltwater then it's just a Big NO.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store