Corel catshark /marble catshark

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
I have a 250gallon in the process of setting up. ..in my current tank i have 2 rhino scorpionfish one is 3"and the 2nd is 6" and a black volt lionfish 7" ...would it be a bad idea to house a marbled catshark with these venomous fish ? Has anybody had success with these fish living amongst each other successfully

20170709_194432.jpg

20170710_121256.jpg

20170711_133932.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I dont think the venomous fish would be an issue since those sharks are usually nocturnal and hide for much of the day but that moray eel might pose a problem for the shark.

Last edited:

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
The moray is a blunt round tooth eel diet more of crustaceans i have 2 Domino damsels they're still around and he has gone up to the scorpionfish and lionfish but backs off .....but i guess it always could be a possibility of something bad to go down! ..... its all a gambl i just like to have winning odds

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The moray is a blunt round tooth eel diet more of crustaceans i have 2 Domino damsels they're still around and he has gone up to the scorpionfish and lionfish but backs off .....but i guess it always could be a possibility of something bad to go down! ..... its all a gambl i just like to have winning odds
I see.I figured that the eel and shark would be around each other more since they both like to hide among the rocks....providing more opportunity for the eel to harm the shark.

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Yeah i see what you are saying! I have this xlarge prostatic rock cave that the eel stays in for the most part with only a few holes he can fit in ...but all said in done all of them do come out when the light are out! ...if the chance of the shark getting the short end of the stick and i especially dont want my rhino scorpionfish to get hurt !!!! ...i guess i will end up with another black lionfish and just my rhinos and some table coral. .......but would love to hear from anyone out there if they have or had rhinos scorpionfish keep together with any catshark's ......thanks for all of your guys feed back .....always came on this site to look at other people experience very helpful. .......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store