Cost to build around 3000g pond?

MKD

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
Garden Grove, CA
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about 3000g pond in backyard and hire someone to build it. I know the cost will be different but just want to have an idea.
For those who built your own pond, does it worth it?

Thanks

Tony

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about 3000g pond in backyard and hire someone to build it. I know the cost will be different but just want to have an idea.
For those who built your own pond, does it worth it?

Thanks

Tony
That will depend HUGELY on what you want. A hole dug and lined with pond liner is going to be pretty cheap. What dimensions do you want? Is access good for heavy equipment? How deep do you want it? Are you going to include any filtration? Is power available for the filtration? What's the ground like? Hard and rocky? Soft?

MKD

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
Garden Grove, CA
It like L shape, these are estimate 3 feet down from ground, 1 foot above ground, 25 feet long, 1 end 5 feet and other end 10feet. I have standard side gate and soft ground. Also have outdoor outlets.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
I would keep 2ft above the ground, it gives a better height to sit on. Digging my own pond I have worked on 1 skip per 1000 gals, under ground level.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
U can get someone to dig the hole then u canline it line it yourself with heavy earth /bentonite and use aquatic plants to help with filtration

Reactions: Davidiator
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store