Could this become the beginning of the end to big box stores

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Ethics and morals are very personal things,
Extremes are obvious
You'd like to think that the extremes were very obvious, and they are to hobbyists well versed in their craft. But due to the extremely personal nature of ethics and morals even the extremes to us can be deemed acceptable by others. We still have the occasional thread that comes along and I honestly have to double take, and then you realise they're genuine and not trolling! You have to be careful how you answer then so you don't get accused of upsetting people, when what we maybe should be doing is shouting it from the rooftops what total muppets they are.........which you'll get banned for! Lol.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
I've seen both Petsmarts and Petco's poorly managed and managed well. It appears that dog and cat care are primarily what it is keeping them going. My local Petco say that business has been pretty good during the pandemic. Where I live everybody seems to have a dog.

I think that there will be a thinning out. Brick and mortar stores are struggling. Times are changing. And let's face it. Amazon is a monopoly. Similar to Chevron back in the day when they controlled oil from the ground to the pump. Seems these days big tech has more power than all of us.
But until Amazon starts washing your dog there will be a niche for pet stores although there may be fewer of them.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
But until Amazon starts washing your dog there will be a niche for pet stores although there may be fewer of them.
Shhhhhh, careful what you say. Jeff Bezos might be watching, you'll be putting ideas in his head. Lol.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Shhhhhh, careful what you say. Jeff Bezos might be watching, you'll be putting ideas in his head. Lol.
That’s absurd, I’ve sent him hundreds of letters telling him to give me a billion dollars and it never worked :cry:

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
That’s absurd, I’ve sent him hundreds of letters telling him to give me a billion dollars and it never worked :cry:
You should have sent him that picture you posted that time when you'd just finished work. Do you remember? You were black as the ace of spades just stood there in your undercrackers looking like a tramp! I nearly choked on my breakfast when I saw that, i'm still going to counselling for it.

If he saw that photo he'd probaby feel sorry for you and send you a load of cash, lol.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
You should have sent him that picture you posted that time when you'd just finished work. Do you remember? You were black as the ace of spades just stood there in your undercrackers looking like a tramp! I nearly choked on my breakfast when I saw that, i'm still going to counselling for it.

If he saw that photo he'd probaby feel sorry for you and send you a load of cash, lol.
And yet you never sent me any money either, it sounds like to me that you want more pictures.....

• Wow
Reactions: esoxlucius

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I just saw a Petco commercial on tv and I thought of this thread.The narrator was saying that Petco is now a wellness company.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
A few minutes ago went to a new Petsuppliesplus and they had nothing live. They had a small fish supply section and the usual standard sized aquariums. Mostly stocks of dog and cat supplies. Actually think it may be a good thing for the private lfs.

Reactions: Preacher

Preacher

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
west tennessee
A few minutes ago went to a new Petsuppliesplus and they had nothing live. They had a small fish supply section and the usual standard sized aquariums. Mostly stocks of dog and cat supplies. Actually think it may be a good thing for the private lfs.
Definitely a good thing for private lfs. We only have one local and it’s a hit or miss what they can get In.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store