Couple of Questions...

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Ive only bought rays locally so they have been use to local water, never online. I know all about the drip acclimation and what not but my question is, say you buy a ray from a guy whos pH is 6.0 with very soft water (baisically perfect ray water) but your water has a pH of 7.5 and is very hard, will the drip method still adequatly acclimate the ray to the major change in hardness and pH?

As for my second question, if you add peat pellets to a tank to soften it and lower the pH a bit will it be too fast and harm the ray or will the peat slowly soften the water over time causeing no harm to the ray?

Thanks in advance!!

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
Hi,

Lower the Ph level of the tank first, then put the ray in. They are very sensitive, and peat is not that good at lowering the hardness of the water.

AROFREEK2K5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
I would not screw with the Ph at all. Acclimate the ray and move on.

Colin
I have purchased rays in 6.0 ph acclimated them to 8.0 and have not had in problems in all the years I have kept rays:thumbsup: don't screw with the ph game just use your natural surronding...

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
I picked up my rays in Wisconson and the person I got them from was using RO water. I just brought them home, and drip acclimated them and they were fine and ate within 15min. So don't worry about it.

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
If you take your time they should be fine. There is nothing like coming out of the amazon and being acclimated to any tank and they make it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store