Cowfish tank mates ?

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
List of what I have now!..... would the cowfish be fine with what's in my tank now ? Miniatus Grouper (Cephalopholis miniata) Dragon wreess, Squirrel fish, mono fish , pale nose moray eel, white eye moray eel, spotted moray eel, horn sharks , flashlight fish, ........300 gallon tank!

20181206_124048.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
List of what I have now!..... would the cowfish be fine with what's in my tank now ? Miniatus Grouper (Cephalopholis miniata) Dragon wreess, Squirrel fish, mono fish , pale nose moray eel, white eye moray eel, spotted moray eel, horn sharks , flashlight fish, ........300 gallon tank!

View attachment 1349973

I would not add a Cowfish. They should only be added with other slow and non aggressive tankmates.

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Correct. If that cowfish got stressed from all the fast movement and got picked on by the other predatory fish, the stress could cause him to release its toxin and/or die.

Reactions: tlindsey

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Correct. If that cowfish got stressed from all the fast movement and got picked on by the other predatory fish, the stress could cause him to release its toxin and/or die.
Yeah I know what could happen.....he is really active & picks on the clown fish & filefish.....that why I was thinking he would handle it....

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
Yeah I know what could happen.....he is really active & picks on the clown fish & filefish.....that why I was thinking he would handle it....
I see. That seems to happen to a lot of people, I used to keep mine with a pair of longfin clown fish and he would nip at their fins sometimes but when I moved him with my Dendrochirus brachypterus, he finally got some push back and kamikazed. Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't and can end in disaster. Dont wanna see your tank crash like that so I vote no. Just take this as a second opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store