crayfish

bentank1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Cleveland ohio
bentank1 said:
A few years ago i went out to a stream in a forest and caught 4 crayfish, a darter of some sort, and a couple a minnows. I also brought rocks home from this river. I set this tank up in my bedroom. A year or so after i went into my downstairs bathroom and found a dead crayfish in the corner by the toilet. this happened again a few weeks later.I have a spiral staircase and a big foyer near thebathroom. Do you thinkthe crayfish went down the stairs or jumped right of the balcony at the top of my stairs.[/QUO

please

throttle

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2005
They could have done either. I have had small crabs escape from my tanks and make it 30 feet away before they dried up. Crabs, crayfish, bichirs can all fit through the smallest holes.

bentank1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Cleveland ohio
bentank1 said:
bentank1 said:
A few years ago i went out to a stream in a forest and caught 4 crayfish, a darter of some sort, and a couple a minnows. I also brought rocks home from this river. I set this tank up in my bedroom. A year or so after i went into my downstairs bathroom and found a dead crayfish in the corner by the toilet. this happened again a few weeks later.I have a spiral staircase and a big foyer near thebathroom. Do you thinkthe crayfish went down the stairs or jumped right of the balcony at the top of my stairs.[/QUO

please
mee too

adamcaso

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Texas
I've found that if I keep the water level in my tank a few inches below the hood, the crayfish aren't able to reach anything to get out from. Maybe try that next time?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store