Creating a facebook group for sane flowerhorn users

Ruturaj

Polypterus
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Raleigh, NC
After looking at crazy recommendations in flowerhorn groups I decided to create a facebook group for sane flowerhorn users

I choose Social learning as group type and created few units about basic care and misconceptions. Not hoping for much but would like to help out new guys.

You guys are welcome if you want to join (if you do please do review my material for suggestions).

Thank you everyone on this group to educate me.

Ruturaj

Polypterus
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I didn't realize there were many if any at all of sane flower horn keepers!
Lol jk
Good luck with the Facebook group.
Lol, I should get checked out from a shrink. It's true that all insane people I saw were flowerhorn keepers. I think there are few sane that just wanted aggressive fish with nice color and pearls. I was very confused between getting a green terror or flowerhorn.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Ruturaj

Polypterus
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Raleigh, NC
This forum has been around since before facebook got huge. If they are too lazy and stupid to use something other than facebook then Im afraid that's the only type of users you will get.
May be. I came across my first forum about bodybuilding when I was searching on google. Facebook wasn't that big then. From then whenever I enter in to something new, I always search for forum for that. Many people don't know things like forum exists and simple google search by fish name rarely leads to forums on first page of search result.

Lazy seems to be a common theme in today's world. Instant gratification, with little to no effort involved.
Yes, much more common than it used to. I see people on car forum asking questions that are in just maintenance page of car manual.

Ozzie73

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
After looking at crazy recommendations in flowerhorn groups I decided to create a facebook group for sane flowerhorn users

I choose Social learning as group type and created few units about basic care and misconceptions. Not hoping for much but would like to help out new guys.

You guys are welcome if you want to join (if you do please do review my material for suggestions).

Thank you everyone on this group to educate me.
I will definitely check it out. Lots of them on there and a few are good. Others almost seem like cults though. Bashers and cheerleaders. I've learned a lot on there, and learned a lot on here. It's like two different worlds with different sets of standards though as far as the fish go.

Joined!

Magnus_Bane

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I will definitely check it out. Lots of them on there and a few are good. Others almost seem like cults though. Bashers and cheerleaders. I've learned a lot on there, and learned a lot on here. It's like two different worlds with different sets of standards though as far as the fish go.

Joined!
It's kinda like how ppl can be racist against other ppl, only difference is, is that it's ppl being racist against a type of animal they don't agree with. I've seen many ppl bash FH, BP, EBJD, short body fish, long finned fish, glowfish, accidental mix breeds and so many more. Me personally am not a big fan of short body fish, it just honestly depends on how they are made, some are made thro selective breeding which isn't bad, the ones I don't agree with are made by forcing a natural looking fish to live out most of its life in a tank too small for it causing it's body to mis-shappen in order to continue living in said tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store