Creating a facebook group for sane flowerhorn users

Ruturaj

Polypterus
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Raleigh, NC
In the absence of facts, experts abound.
The 3rd vs 4th ingredient comment was from the owner of Excalibur, he just kept going in circle on that argument and that NLS lists ingredient by pre drying weights. Tried to bring probability in to this, which he didn't have good understanding of.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

pinfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
Being part of other groups have been tough, whenever I make a argument outside their norm, I get attacked.

I heard ridiculously stupid things like
1. Tank temp 86+, one guy said 90 is best
2. Midas stores protein in it's hump
3. My fish grew to be a good looking on so everything I say is correct
4. Anything I say is wrong because nuchal hump on fish is small/looks like female
5. Since NLS has wheat as 3rd ingredient compared to Excalibur/northfin who has it as 4th ingredient some how makes NLS to have more wheat
Everyone has very strong opinions on how to create the best environment for their fish along with what works and doesn't. I agree that some people can be a little overly aggressive and take things VERY personally on here. Just try and keep your head up throughout all of it. Do your best to be as nice as you can in your suggestions so that others don't feel like they are also being attacked. It's too bad that you are feeling like that though. I am very sorry.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
The 3rd vs 4th ingredient comment was from the owner of Excalibur, he just kept going in circle on that argument and that NLS lists ingredient by pre drying weights. Tried to bring probability in to this, which he didn't have good understanding of.
Lol most ppl would rather be right then wrong. Can't really help human nature but I do agree that it can be a major headache sometimes trying to talk sense into ppl.

Reactions: Ruturaj and pinfish

Ruturaj

Polypterus
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Everyone has very strong opinions on how to create the best environment for their fish along with what works and doesn't. I agree that some people can be a little overly aggressive and take things VERY personally on here. Just try and keep your head up throughout all of it. Do your best to be as nice as you can in your suggestions so that others don't feel like they are also being attacked. It's too bad that you are feeling like that though. I am very sorry.
It doesn't bother me much, I think I will get banned soon there. It feels like FB Flowerhorn community is becoming like flat earthers, complete disregard for facts.

Magnus_Bane

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
It doesn't bother me much, I think I will get banned soon there. It feels like FB Flowerhorn community is becoming like flat earthers, complete disregard for facts.
Yeah I can agree with ya there. Most ppl don't want to accept the truth because sometimes the truth hurts and nobody likes getting hurt. And then there are ppl like me and many others on here that are more then welcome for someone else's knowledge and experience regardless of how many years we have in the hobby already.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ruturaj

Polypterus
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Yeah I can agree with ya there. Most ppl don't want to accept the truth because sometimes the truth hurts and nobody likes getting hurt. And then there are ppl like me and many others on here that are more then welcome for someone else's knowledge and experience regardless of how many years we have in the hobby already.
I think my profession (Software engineer) changed a lot of my personality. There is nothing more important than finding the mistake (bug), so whoever shows it is helping you. Positive criticism should always be welcomed, that's the only way to improve.

pinfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
I think my profession (Software engineer) changed a lot of my personality. There is nothing more important than finding the mistake (bug), so whoever shows it is helping you. Positive criticism should always be welcomed, that's the only way to improve.
you sound exactly like my father... LOL. He works in cyber security

Magnus_Bane

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Exactly. You can't improve on your own all the time, sometimes it takes someone else nudging ya in the right direction. I can't even remember how many times I'd go to my lfs and have some trying to ask all these questions on what they should stock in a tank while the worker is just trying to make a sale. I'd always stop and help them out and many would thank me afterwards.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store