staten island new york
no im not saying there is a difference

just wanting to know how they do it \

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
Honestly they take and jerk a male fish off. and remove the eggs from the female of the other spieces and use the milk from the male to fertlize the eggs

evilcat

Feeder Fish
Mar 31, 2005
the original story behind the cross was that the two types of cats were being kept and bred in separate holding ponds, but that during the rainy season ( both cats are native to the Amazon river in South America) the ponds overflowed into one another and the cats inadvertenly cross-bred. The real truth of the matter is that Japanese were the source of crossed-up cats. They have been messing around with fish genetics for quite some time: they are the only source of domestically bred clown loachs, red tail sharks, rummy nose tetras etc. all forced to breed by artifical application of hormones.They are also the origin of the infamous parrot cichlid.Though the cross is often a handsome animal , they are in themselves inable to reproduce ; which leaves them at a dead end.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
Parrots, handsome animals? heh.

one of my biggest unexpected joys in fishkeeping was watching my 9" texas beat my dad's 2" dyed blood parrot to death, after my dad foolishly threw the fish in my tank. Natural selection at work, baby.

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Evilcat,

I don't think it's the Japanese that made the blood parrot. They were created eaither in Taiwan or somewhere in Southeast Asia.

However I agree to the fact that the Hyrbid cats were created with hormones and manually crossbred with human intervention.

Wesley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2005
The TRUST said:
Evilcat,

I don't think it's the Japanese that made the blood parrot. They were created eaither in Taiwan or somewhere in Southeast Asia.

However I agree to the fact that the Hyrbid cats were created with hormones and manually crossbred with human intervention.

Agree.. Taiwan or Malaysia are the key suspects here...
Japanese are mainly Buyers of AAA monsterfish but they rarely farm
tropical fish probably because of space and the weather.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store