Ctenolucius Hujeta

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Hello. I wanted to know if anyone had experience keeping Hujeta gars with larger tetras like bleeding heart tetras. If so, does it work out long term?

I had these with small Rhodsia Altipinna tetras that were too big to eat but the gars would lunge at their eyes and kill them. The Rhodsia are a very silvery tetra and I wasn’t sure if it was a color thing.

Please share any experiences. Thank you

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hello. I wanted to know if anyone had experience keeping Hujeta gars with larger tetras like bleeding heart tetras. If so, does it work out long term?

I had these with small Rhodsia Altipinna tetras that were too big to eat but the gars would lunge at their eyes and kill them. The Rhodsia are a very silvery tetra and I wasn’t sure if it was a color thing.

Please share any experiences. Thank you
Had my old group, 6, with black skirt tetras and no issues. They were about 5-6 inches.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Reactions: kno4te

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I kept a group in a tank I used to grow out ATF fingerlings. They would mind their own business and didn't harass the ATF or the barbs I had as dithers.

Fwiw they came off of live very easily by using live crickets. Once they were reliably eating the crickets, they'd go after carnisticks with vigor.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store