Current USA or Jabeo Pumps?

BadBrad

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2018
United States
Hi guys. I am pump shopping and have come down to these two manufacturers. I am leaning towards the Jabeo DC pumps but also like the current USA DC pumps. So before I pulled the trigger on the Jabeo I thought I would throw it out there for other opinions or reviews from you. Any reviews, opinions, and past experiences would be helpful. Oh yeah, my plans are to use it in a sump for a freshwater system.

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
The Jebao pump I have has been very good to me. I will need to upgrade it soon as part of upgrading to a MUCH bigger tank.

I have started looking around for replacements and the Jabao vs. USA DC pumps is also where I have ended up. The Jebao pumps have a pretty good track record AND a few generations to refine their pump technology. The only advantage I can see to the USA DC pumps is their Bluetooth pump controller (I really like the feed button on my Jebao pump but it is inconvenient to get to). The feedback I have found on the USA DC pumps are pretty mixed as to the usefulness of the "Bluetooth controller".

Neither company has a website that is worth a darn. The USA DC website doesn't explain anything about their bluetooth controller that I can find. The Jebao website doesn't even list all of their latest models. Both pretty disappointing.

Icecold Dan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
Earth
I was faced with this same choice recently for my build. I ended up going with the Jebeo DCP-13000 and have been happy with it so far. It's fairly small, very quiet, and doesn't seem to give off much heat. The feed mode works well, even though I don't have any fish yet, but it starts back up each time. It also ramps up slowly which is nice. I can't speak to its longevity, but I think it's hard to beat for the money imho.

Reactions: BadBrad

Trucker Den

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2018
From what I understand the bluetooth of the current is up and running. I just ordered one so I can test it on my lights before I go any further buying a pump and wavemakers.. If it works good I will be getting the pump also. The downfall from what I hear about the BT controller is that it replaces the remote.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store