Cycle

Megan33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2019
First Jeff, please be patient with me as this is my first fishless cycle. Second there isn't just one straight way to do this cycle, every 10 people will say something different and Google's just as bad for this.
You are saying when my ammonia and nitrite are 0 get fish. What about the 12-24 hour ammonia test

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hi Cory, was I right to dose it? I want to see if it's at zero in the morning
Yes, that's exactly how I've done it numerous times. I'd do the 24-48 test in the end, if everything is zero, 100% water change and add fish, if not, wait and do another 24-48 hour test. Ignore the nitrate test. Save it for when you have fish.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
First Jeff, please be patient with me as this is my first fishless cycle. Second there isn't just one straight way to do this cycle, every 10 people will say something different and Google's just as bad for this.
You are saying when my ammonia and nitrite are 0 get fish. What about the 12-24 hour ammonia test
Hello; Early on in this thread I posted two links. The first link is the better and has a ton of information about cycling with a section about fishless cycling in particular. I use this link as my reference in addition to some members of this site.

Do the ammonia test if you wish.

I cannot tell you who to use as a guide and do understand the dilemma. Too many conflicting opinions and even if folks have the same ideas they often have confusing ways to express their ideas.

On this particular site I think of duanes duanes as pretty much the top dog for ich and water quality stuff. If he is willing to work with you further then latch onto him.

Good luck

Megan33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2019
Well guys, I have been doing the test all weekend and I've been getting 0 for amm and Nitrite. Again yesterday morning, so I did a huge w/c using pond pump.
This morning 0,0,2.5
So I'm getting 2 baby fan tails tomorrow.
Woohoo finally

Reactions: skjl47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store