Cynotilapia Afra White Top x Cynotilapia Afra Jalo Reef ??

AfricanCichlidCrazy

Feeder Fish
Feb 13, 2016
Southern California
Hi guys! I'm new to the forums so hopefully i posted this in the right area :confused: (fingers Crossed). But ANYWAY heres my dilemma, (Correct me if I'm wrong) on the names of these two species, :p But just this evening, after a routine water change, i look into my tank and see my male white top in full breeding dress. Moments later my male and my jalo reef female (At least i think thats what she is.. any opinions?) Start to spawn, they continued spawning for about 3ish hrs and now i have a female with a mouthful of eggs. :D However, I'm very curious about the pair actually spawning. Why would he spawn with a female of a different species, when i have other white top females in there as well?? :confused: Im also curious as to the identification of my "Jalo Reef" female I'm starting to doubt her label, anyone have any ideas on her identity?? (Ill include photos of the pair). ;) This would be the pairs first spawn so I'm very curious to see if the offspring would be viable or not and what they would turn out to be when they mature. I would love to know your guys opinions on the outcome of the pair spawning, and helping me out identifying my female. Thanks!! :):):) IMG_6451.JPG IMG_6453.JPG IMG_6454.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store