Cynotilapia

fsc46

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2005
Southeastern, MA
pile some 2-4"l rocks where she likes to hang out. that way she can spit the fry there when she's ready. most won't make it but maybe 2 or 3 will. oh, and don't expect to see them for 3-4 weeks.

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
yeah, i'd be pretty happy if a few made it, plus i don't think shes carrying very many anyway. The thing is that she doesnt really have a favorite place to hang around. She just kind of jumps from one spot to another and stays there for a little while. I'll def. add some smaller rocks in there in a corner or something.

frontosa_man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
queen creek AZ
belive me they dont look like she will have a lot of fry in her mouth but you wait ,she will have more then ten. my wifes elec. yellows are only 3" and when i flush the babies after 4 weeks she has about 10 to 18 and i keep them in a floating tank for about a week or so to monitor before moving them. and dont worry about her breeding again too fast she will wait until she has fatten up some first, about 2-3 weeks then she will breed. good luck with your fry. :thumbsup:

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
Hah, my mbuna's are really going at it hardcore. Now I'm suspecting that one of my metriaclima estherae (OB) also has some little guys she's holding onto. :D

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
I'm having suspicions that that stupid little ***** swallowed up her fry :( . Guess she couldn't take going so long without eating because when I fed them today, she was the first to go gung-ho for the food. Lasted about a week and a half to two weeks i would suspect.

Still have an estherae holding though so I'm hoping she'll be a better mother. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store