dart frogs

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
What do you feed the froglets? they are so tiny.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I've been thinking about them for years. They just seem kind of pricey. Any pretty hardy species that won't break the bank. I've heard some of the tinctorius (I know, thats got to be the wrong spelling) are good starter dendrobates. I have a few vivariums that need some inhabitants. Any imput would be nice.

seighten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
michigan
the culturing and feeding of wingless fruit flies is how alot of people that keep dendros feed them.....

Gooda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
I fed mine fruit flies, they are easy to keep and breed like mad. Pin head crickets are also a good choice. Ants work too, some people will tell you that their exoskelitons are hard on their dijestive systems, but thats what they eat in the wild, some ants in South America and Africa have some sort or Poisonous chemical that the frogs are able to store in their skin and thats the reason they are poisonous in the wild, and not in captivity. Any way, whatever you feed them, make sure to gut load them and keep their water very clean.

African Dick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2005
Africantown, Africa
I like going in the wild and finding them. Then juggling several pairs of dart frogs. I also like to play the stomp on a rattlesnake game sometimes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store