Datnoid pair

Polypterus_36

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2021
Is that a red devil with the big humphead that thing is massive ? what’s the smallest species of datnoid other than marble datnoid (nandus nandus) because they aren’t actually datnoids
The big hump-head fish is a flowerhorn hybrid of some type. It's not a pure midas / red devil.
The smallest datnoid species is D. polota, but I would consider them all but small as full grown adults. Jush Jush show your big female ?
the animal guy the animal guy Do your datnoids fight at all? I have had no success with keeping datnoids together.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
What is clean and unclean/ semi clean? I’ve seen so many datnoid for sale but I have no clue what it means

79136129-0F01-4E6D-A331-0407DC574BE1.png

Reactions: the animal guy

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
clean and unclean/ semi clean
By what I know of. Clean means a dat that is stable and not always showing stressed colourations
Unclean/ semi-clean means a dat that has stress colourations.
All do go through phases but some get normal quickly and are considered clean, some don't go normal and have their stress coat on almost 80% of their life and are called semi clean.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Polypterus_36

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2021
By what I know of. Clean means a dat that is stable and not always showing stressed colourations
Unclean/ semi-clean means a dat that has stress colourations.
All do go through phases but some get normal quickly and are considered clean, some don't go normal and have their stress coat on almost 80% of their life and are called semi clean.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
But is an unstable datnoid "stressed"?
I have had unstable dats before that were very healthy and active. They would interact with me and act like a clean dat would.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
But is an unstable datnoid "stressed"?
I have had unstable dats before that were very healthy and active. They would interact with me and act like a clean dat would.
Not all are stressed but they seem to show stress colours, and some actually are stressed cause they act very off

Reactions: Polypterus_36
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store