Datnoid tankmates ideas

Predatory101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2018
i have a 135 gallon tank 6x18x24 and am going to get a ntt or silver dat, what are some good ideas for mid to upper water tank mates, I know people say what they can’t eat but I don’t really know what I want so suggestions would help. Would a flagtail and polleni work or other fish. Any suggestions would be appreciated

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
i have a 135 gallon tank 6x18x24 and am going to get a ntt or silver dat, what are some good ideas for mid to upper water tank mates, I know people say what they can’t eat but I don’t really know what I want so suggestions would help. Would a flagtail and polleni work or other fish. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I don't have any experience with Flagtails but Silver Dollar's will be good tankmates but suggest getting the Datnoid eating well prior to adding anything.

Reactions: Predatory101

Predatory101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2018
I don't have any experience with Flagtails but Silver Dollar's will be good tankmates but suggest getting the Datnoid eating well prior to adding anything.
Ok as I’ve heard that it’s hard greying them off live food, I don’t really want silver dollars as I want this tank to be fish that I haven’t kept before any other suggestions

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Silver dollars are greedy eaters, i would recommend them. I had flagtail with no issues

Reactions: Predatory101

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
We also have flagtails with Datnoids, no issues at all

You also dont have to worry about them stealing the Dats food as the flagtails dont eat live food

They will munch away at bits of fish or mussel at the bottom of the tank but dont take big pieces

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
My flagtail suck my ray slime... So I move it to another tank with aro and gar and then it start to suck my gar slime

Eventually I sold the flagtail off... for flagtail I think is hit and miss

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store