Datnoids and freeze dried shrimp

Durio

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2018
So (3) out of (7) of my Datnoids are totally pellet trained, and it’s obvious cause they are out growing the (4) that aren’t. The (3) love massivore delight. They are about 4.5 inches..they swim up to grab the big pellets before they get wet. I was breaking the pellets into 4 pieces but I see they can eat them whole. They can eat about 3 or 4 every other day. Now the other (4) are eating freeze dried shrimp. I had some zoo med red shrimp in my what not box.. says turtles love it.. I put a few in and the smaller dats came up to look..you know how nosy they are.. they had to smell it cause it reeks..and that’s my question?? Do all freeze dried shrimp look and smell like zoo meds? The Oder just lingers in the house long after they’ve eaten.. I’m glad they eat the freeze dried shrimp but I want to get a better quantity brand. There’s also pieces of shells and stuff in there that eventually gets eaten but it smells so bad. I like that they eat floating food..makes it so much easier to take uneaten stuff out.

3AE641CF-642C-41FD-AF3A-8FA8869CE9F3.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So (3) out of (7) of my Datnoids are totally pellet trained, and it’s obvious cause they are out growing the (4) that aren’t. The (3) love massivore delight. They are about 4.5 inches..they swim up to grab the big pellets before they get wet. I was breaking the pellets into 4 pieces but I see they can eat them whole. They can eat about 3 or 4 every other day. Now the other (4) are eating freeze dried shrimp. I had some zoo med red shrimp in my what not box.. says turtles love it.. I put a few in and the smaller dats came up to look..you know how nosy they are.. they had to smell it cause it reeks..and that’s my question?? Do all freeze dried shrimp look and smell like zoo meds? The Oder just lingers in the house long after they’ve eaten.. I’m glad they eat the freeze dried shrimp but I want to get a better quantity brand. There’s also pieces of shells and stuff in there that eventually gets eaten but it smells so bad. I like that they eat floating food..makes it so much easier to take uneaten stuff out.

View attachment 1397865
lol it smells bad to you but the Dats love it. Try freeze dried Krill.

Reactions: islandguy11

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I get my headless dried shrimp from asian markets. It’s about $5-7 per pack. My Big and smaller dats will eat these. Each piece is the size of a nickel, but larger ones are available. They’re hard at first, but softens if soaked. Plus, they do not leave an odor.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store