Dats with other dats

Lkeizm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2020
Currently have a 5 inch indo, in my area some guy I know has 2 NTT, one being a 9 inch and the other 11inch, would these 2 be ok with my dat? Or will there be fighting, how many should you keep together?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It all comes down to the fish and how they tolerate each other.How big is the tank that you intend to keep them in?

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
6x3, will be a few other fish in there also
Right and with possible decor items there may be enough going on in the tank to quell any aggression the dats may have for each other.
Some dat keepers claim that three is the absolute minimum and just two in a tank will fight each other but I have kept two together on several occasions including now.I currently have two dats together in two separate tanks.

Reactions: tlindsey and Lkeizm

Lkeizm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2020
Right and with possible decor items there may be enough going on in the tank to quell any aggression the dats may have for each other.
Some dat keepers claim that three is the absolute minimum and just two in a tank will fight each other but I have kept two together on several occasions including now.I currently have two dats together in two separate tanks.
Are your tanks decorated? And what are the difference in sizes between your datnoids?

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Are your tanks decorated? And what are the difference in sizes between your datnoids?
My 180 has the two smaller dats at around eight inches each and the tank has only a few fist sized objects for my catfish to hide behind.The tank lights are rarely used and I think that plays a part in the dats moving around the tank and not trying to hide.
The two bigger dats in my 265 are both about twelve inches and their tank is decorated and lit in similar fashion.

Lkeizm

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2020
My 180 has the two smaller dats at around eight inches each and the tank has only a few fist sized objects for my catfish to hide behind.The tank lights are rarely used and I think that plays a part in the dats moving around the tank and not trying to hide.
The two bigger dats in my 265 are both about twelve inches and their tank is decorated and lit in similar fashion.
Mine currently doesn’t really have any decorations other than a little hut that my indo chills in but he’s quite stable tbh, might try getting the 9inch NTT and seeing how it goes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store