Dead fish

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
Hey, not sure why I am sharing this but felt the need to tell someone... my much loved channa stewartii killed himself lastnight by jumping out of the tank and hitting the roof so hard he died... not sure of the direct cause as he has been in the tank 1.5 years with no sign of injury or infection. He gets a cooler period over winter and warmer for summer, tank was 29 degrees as we have had a bit of a hot spell (yes we do get them in the UK!) but every else in the tank is fine! He was about 10 inches and built... so sad.

IMG_4136.JPG

IMG_4137.JPG

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
29°C? Ouch. :(

Seems to have been quite a stunner though, sad to hear.

Reactions: tlindsey

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
Yeah it's my fault, I got complacent as the cichlids and fahaka he lives with were happy as Larry... just further evidence of when things are going well... look harder for problem! His colours were amazing and he was such as awesome fish. I am so tempted to rip apart my 100g grow out/African cichlid comm tank and set up a proper snakehead tank.... but funds do not allow. Maybe one day.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Have any pics of the fish when he was alive? :)

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
One day I will rescape the 100g into a auranti mataculata tank and try and get a breeding pair..but not for a couple of years.

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
Aurantis are amazing, especially if you get a pair. Definitely worth the investment!

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
Aurantis are amazing, especially if you get a pair. Definitely worth the investment!
what to do man I tried everything to get a auranti pair but nothing works for me, I put 6 auranti in a tank to get a pair but all I got is fight and fight plzz help me

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
what to do man I tried everything to get a auranti pair but nothing works for me, I put 6 auranti in a tank to get a pair but all I got is fight and fight plzz help me
You need to keep an eye out for a couple of them sticking together through the fights. If you have two that seem to always stick to one another, despite the fighting, you likely have a pair.

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
You need to keep an eye out for a couple of them sticking together through the fights. If you have two that seem to always stick to one another, despite the fighting, you likely have a pair.
Thanks bro , I sold 6 of them now 4 left , after selling them too, I start with s new batch

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store