montana
Price
Region
Rocky Mountains
State
Montana
Pickup or shipping
Shipping or Pickup
Hey guys and gals. As many of you may know already I clean and prepare skulls and skeletons for a living. Many that I work on are from fish.

Years ago I had started a project that I would like to finish. I was recreating the skull/skeleton of an extinct member of the Phractocephalus genus. This was mainly based on photographs provided to me by Dr. Lundberg. I still have those reference photos and measurements but there was a lot of bones missing in his find.

What I need is a medium to large RTC that I can clean the skull of for reference. It has to be very complete so I would like one or more intact frozen specimens to work from. This recreation will include every bone. The living species is very similar just slightly less robust and smaller.

I will be posting pics of the work in progress and eventually the finished product in my thread on fish skulls and skeletons in the photo section.

I live in Montana. I need it from within the USA. I don't have much money to work with especially with what's going on in our world but let me know what you have.

I use to have one I did up but had to sell it when things were tight. Input up a pic of a Northern Pike skull I prepared to show what I do.

Thanks team
Cliff

IMG_20190403_085526_181.jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Btw, just an idea, it would be pretty neat if you could make skulls/skeletons like that as fish tank decorations. Lol I think it would be absolutely bad *** to see a school of tetras or small barbs swimming thru the skeleton of a decent sized pike or even something more exotic with big teeth. IDK I just think it would be cool to see something along the lines of a Giants graveyard kind of scape.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Bump. Still on the lookout. Great ideas guys. I could probably seal up a skull to be water proof for a fish tank. Needs testing. Maybe I'll try it with a perch skull and see. Will need to be weighted also.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Bump. Still on the lookout. Great ideas guys. I could probably seal up a skull to be water proof for a fish tank. Needs testing. Maybe I'll try it with a perch skull and see. Will need to be weighted also.
Not quite sure what ya should coat it with but as for weight you could super glue it to a piece of slate rock. I think that would be plenty of weight to keep it in place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store