Diarreaha problem with my festae

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
its a parasite, the white stuff coming out its anus is intestinal worms. I don't recall how to alleviate this particular problem, but I do recall that its pretty hard to get rid of. Hopefully someone else here can provide information on how to get rid of it.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
CentralMayhem said:
would anyone know why a fish would have chronic white feces. fish seems healthy as can be but always has diarreaha. any thoughts would help.
Sounds like worms, try adding garlic oil to your pellets, or injecting it into live earthworms and them feeding those. Probably need to do that for 10 days or so. Worms will either starve the fish or lower its resistance so that it dies from something else so you aren't risking much. The fish can look full and still be starving. Garlic is a good vermifuge and won't mess up your bio media.

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
Thanks, Ive looked at the feces and it doesnt have any worms in it. I have had the fish for quite some time now. About a year and it has had them since the start. they all eat like pigs and seem to be healthy as can be. It has grown from a 3" fish to an 8 " fish so i think it is getting nutrition. Ive tried garlic and it doesnt seem to work, i never have any parasites or anything so i know that it could help and i just dont realize it. Ill try injecting it into the earthworms. Thanks.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
try some jungle products i hear they work real good. It sounds like it pooping out its intestinal lineing. I forget what causes it . But im pretty sure thats what it is

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
long time ago a buddy threw about 50 in while i was gone. other than that i havent. its intestinal tract isnt popping out. It is simply diarreaha. white feces. I feed New Life Spectrum pellets. earthworms, crickets, crayfish, occasionaly. Just looking to get rid of the problem, maybe it was transmitted by the feeders. I just know if it has diarreaha it isnt getting the max out of its food. any help on meds or whatever would be appreciated

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
:cry: Still try garlic, can,t hurt. You won't see the worms in the feces, the white slime is probably gut lining. Also works for protazoans. Helps for people too. :22_yikes: been there, got diagnosed with intestinal cancer. Turned out to be petrified worms. Same stringy white s___.

Apex Predator

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
The galic is a good suggestion. Inexpensive...harmless to the biological balance of the tank...and easy to find. What have you got to loose...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store