Did my wife just say that...???

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
So my wife listens to me talk quite about 2 things - aquariums and electric cars (I drive a Tesla Model 3). I babble on and on about various stories of both, and she at least pretends to care most of the time.

So I was talking about the eventually-to-be-released next generation Tesla roadster, and I asked her how much money we'd need to make to justify buying a $250,000 car. I figured she'd brush it off with some version of "never", but instead she said "I'd let you spend $250,000 on a fish tank long before a car".

Woah...challenge accepted....let the planning begin!

(p.s....I can't afford a $250,000 aquarium....not yet at least....)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I recently saw a video on Instagram of a self driving Tesla vehicle.It was going down a rural road at night and at about 50 mph when it detected a family of bears in the middle of the road up ahead.The vehicle slowed to a stop before switching gears and going into reverse while the bears scampered off into the woods.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I must say, i’ve never been a fan of electric cars but that Tesla Roadster does look pretty sweet...

Although still prefer a BMW M4 competition model > electric car...

Reactions: DN328 and Jexnell

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
2020 roadster, 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, Max speed 250 mph+, quarter mile 8.8 seconds, range 620 miles. Only bugatti can even compete and thats just in max speed.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Here is a video you might like.
Not a bad video although I’ve seen a few similar videos before which didnt change my mind about electric cars either...

I even know a few tesla owners here and been in different models but still just not a fan... mainly because A) i love the sound of a petrol engine B) teslas just dont look that great imo C) Way too many electronic components that can go wrong D) the electronics fail quite regularly in humid climates (seen this first hand) and finally E) good luck trying to charge your car on a long drive in the outback lol...

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Not a bad video although I’ve seen a few similar videos before which didnt change my mind about electric cars either...

I even know a few tesla owners here and been in different models but still just not a fan... mainly because A) i love the sound of a petrol engine B) teslas just dont look that great imo C) Way too many electronic components that can go wrong D) the electronics fail quite regularly in humid climates (seen this first hand) and finally E) good luck trying to charge your car on a long drive in the outback lol...
I was arguing with my coworker of Tesla vs BMW and he decided BMW wins because of engine noise. He admitted my car was faster, better handling, more comfortable ride and seating, safer, cheaper fuel, cheaper maintance, better resale value, better technology, could upgrade over the air, and full self driving. But in his mind the noise of the engine overruled all of that.

The “more electric pieces that can break” comment is simply wrong, sorry. There are even more controls in a modern gas engine since they are so obscenely complicated, not to mention the hardware in the engine breaking. The first Tesla model 3 just hit 100,000, the ONLY maintance was changing tires and fixing door damage from off roading.

The reality is anyone that buys a new car that isn’t an electric car just made a bad decision. That only variance to that is if you do actually regularly drive over 300 miles on a road without chargers, but that’s certainly not normal.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looking forward to hearing one them making coconut clip clop sounds as it goes by.

• Haha
Reactions: deeda and Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store