Silver Tier DIDYSIS, Distinguished Contributor

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
DIDYSIS DIDYSIS deserves the gold academic award. He has displayed years of knowledge, advice etc to the forum. Everything from advanced filtration, DIY builds, ray husbandry etc.. A few example threads are below:

Stickies:
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/reactors-filtration-for-stingrays.526704/

Threads:
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/stingray-addict-w-o-hope-must-build-bigger.676666/

Esteemed Academic
Award-

Points- 2000

Requirements- For members with a long and outstanding history of engaging in activities that profoundly increase the knowledge base of the community; activities such as original research, collating and publishing new data, bringing new species into the hobby, etc. This award is for members whose activity changes the face of the hobby.

Reactions: mrrobxc

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Recommend Distinguished Contributor (silver) instead of Esteemed Academic (gold).

The supporting evidence is insufficient to support gold tier. The reasons for this are as follows:

• The Nominee has only been a member since 2012; gold typically needs to be ten years, though sufficient quality of content can offset this where appropriate (with very strong supporting evidence)

• The Nominee created a thread on reactors that facilitated discussion that became immensely useful to the hobby.

• Build threads, while displaying a new application of a member's knowledge, aren't original work or new knowledge being presented to the community.​

Given these conditions in play, the nature of the data used to support the nomination is more in line with a Contributor award than an Academic award.

The intent of the Academic Award is for people who already possessed this knowledge and intentionally created one or more original works to document their knowledge to be useful for others. The Contributor Awards are for members who drive discussion, and can help to further the hobby this way.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Recommend Distinguished Contributor (silver) instead of Esteemed Academic (gold).

The supporting evidence is insufficient to support gold tier. The reasons for this are as follows:

• The Nominee has only been a member since 2012; gold typically needs to be ten years, though sufficient quality of content can offset this where appropriate (with very strong supporting evidence)

• The Nominee created a thread on reactors that facilitated discussion that became immensely useful to the hobby.

• Build threads, while displaying a new application of a member's knowledge, aren't original work or new knowledge being presented to the community.​

Given these conditions in play, the nature of the data used to support the nomination is more in line with a Contributor award than an Academic award.

The intent of the Academic Award is for people who already possessed this knowledge and intentionally created one or more original works to document their knowledge to be useful for others. The Contributor Awards are for members who drive discussion, and can help to further the hobby this way.

I’ll follow your lead bro. Just give him something shiny for me. He more than deserves it for what he’s brought to the site ray wise.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
OK. You editing the nomination or am I?
I edited the title. I don't like the edit the conversations any more than just adding an "Admin Edit-" statement to the the OP where needed in order to keep the transparency for the members, especially when its two admins talking.

Plus, seeing the flow of ideas in these threads is useful for everyone, especially since like six years after being created, people are finally starting to use this program lol

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I've read a bunch of his threads as well. I fully support what ever medal you guys decide on lol

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Come back from Vacation and wow much appreciated

Reactions: Chicxulub and JK47
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store