DieselHybrid Has Pearl Stingrays! But something is strange..

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
It's true that I have always gravitated toward the black rays. But I have always had a deep apprecation for the Pearl Ray. The chainlinks, and that clean look. Great size and temperament, I have been on the hunt for a nice pair for a few years. A few opportunities have come and gone, and for various reasons I still hadn't purchased the rays I always desired.

Well fast forward a few years and the day has finally come. I am the proud owner of two pairs of what I am told are subadult Pearl Stingrays!? Potamotrygon Jabuti will hopefully soon become one of my new favorites. I don't know the most about this species, so I need some major guidance here....

These are my first brown rays so be patient with me, I just opened the box and it appears something may be wrong!? They're alive and well but perhaps an expert can help. I thought Pearls were supposed to be brownsih colored rays? I was in shock when I opened the box. I hope they're okay because they sure don't look like the pearls I remember seeing pictures of. Should I be concerned?!

Maybe someone spilled some bleaching chemicals during a shipment.. ;)

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 2.36.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 2.36.00 PM.png

kiwiraka

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2017
They're not albino, are they?
Maybe just stressed from travelling? I googled "pearl stingray" and there were some images identical to your rays that were tagged "albino".
Nice fish though :)

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Didnt know u were a high roller... :) dang...lol... i love them. and congrats!
Thanks wednesday13 wednesday13 ! I love them too buddy :) Inspired by your Silurus glanis and Vincents albino collections, I figured I wanted to join the club with you guys :)

Now I just need to finish these monster tank builds. Thanks to you I'm almost finished! I appreciate all of the knowledge you've shared with me buddy, you're a good guy!

Reactions: wednesday13

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Oh man! Congrats bro!
Thank you Bigfishnut Bigfishnut :) I'm all smiles. My eyes are glued to my fishtanks for the day! I'll get some individual pictures with the good camera in a few days once they settle in more.

Reactions: Bigfishnut
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store