different color eggs?

mikep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2011
Johnson City
i bought 2 red devils about a year ago and 2 days ago i looked at my tank and the female was laying eggs. today some of the eggs are white and others are a darker color? is this because some of them did not get fertilized or maybe the eggs just died before they could hatch. i am not sure why some would be one color and others would be another.

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

mikep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2011
Johnson City
how do you keep them from getting fungus? i have never heard of them getting fungus? sorry i am pretty new to this i have only had the tank for a little over a year and i never dreamed i would end up dealing with fry...

shellies215

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
PA
If you leave the eggs in the tank, it can just happen. If you remove the eggs and put them in an egg tumbler there is an anti fungal for eggs that you put in with them.

mikep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2011
Johnson City
oh okay well maybe some of them will make it. ill find out tom. or the day after when they are supposed to hatch.

shellies215

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
PA
there's a good chance some will make it, and you might just have some that weren't fertilized, I didn't say it was definitely fungus either, just a possibility. Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store