Dilemma of sorts...

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
So I have a dilemma of sorts. I have four tanks running ATM, a 180, 125, 75, 40. Have a 210 in the garage waiting for me to have a little time to clean and set it up. What I'll end up with is the 210, 180, 125, and a dual 40b.

My problem is my fish, has anyone else ever got a single fish that just instantly changed how and what you want to keep. Mine is the Midevil I just bought. Little three inch fish and I want to sell all the rest and just go the amph/aggressive route. So I think I have inadvertently stepped onto the path of death and eternal damnation.

Any thoughts of how best to clear out my current stock? Clowns, BGK, Acaras, Cories, barbs and a couple others I'm probably forgetting lol. Keeping in mind I'll need to get a decent amount to afford restocking lol.

I'm pretty certain of what I'm going to do with the tanks at this moment but we'll see if that changes lol.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Any mom and pops lfs around you can trade fish in for store credit?

Reactions: tlindsey

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
As far as shipping, I've never done it, not opposed to it, but more afraid of a disaster for the fish. I do care about them and would feel bad if something were to happen.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Yes and no, yes for credit and nothing like what their value is, no in that the credit would be mostly useless. Selection of fish in the area doesn't coincide much with my taste.
I have the exact same issue. I just ordered 12 fish from coa and will have to get rid of some others, probably for free. I have some empty tanks, but I am not looking for any more maintenance.

Chockful O Phail

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2015
Council Bluffs, IA
I have the exact same issue. I just ordered 12 fish from coa and will have to get rid of some others, probably for free. I have some empty tanks, but I am not looking for any more maintenance.
Two of the stores are good stores and I won't mind trading a few extra fish in when trying for pairs. Can always get food and stuff, but specifically the trade value I'd get on my clowns would most likely make me very angry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store