Disappearing Barbs

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
So I recently bought 8 Gold barbs, and in the span of a day, I’m down to 5. Have a cover so they didn’t jump out and none got sucked up in the filter. Which leads me to believe my green terror may have slurped them up? But they are so fast I find it hard to believe that he would be able to catch 3 in a day.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I recently bought 8 Gold barbs, and in the span of a day, I’m down to 5. Have a cover so they didn’t jump out and none got sucked up in the filter. Which leads me to believe my green terror may have slurped them up? But they are so fast I find it hard to believe that he would be able to catch 3 in a day.

I said the same thing when I had Columbian Blue Tetra in a aquarium with a Silver Arowana. The Arowana caught and ate them all. The Green Terror is picking the Gold Barbs off.

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
likely being hunted down. i just got about 50pcs of filament barbs with majority adults in the hope that my bichirs wont bother them since bichirs are slow, but it seems the number of my barbs are going down slowly.

Last edited:

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
That’s a shame, I’ve never seen these gold barbs before so when i saw them in my lfs i had to get them.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
This is a perfect reason to set up another tank :naughty:

Reactions: celebrist

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
This is a perfect reason to set up another tank :naughty:
if only I was able to. absolutely no where to put another tank in my house at the moment. Current 75 gallon already cramming my room more than I would like. I think once I go to college I’ll set up a small 10-20 gallon tank where I can enjoy smaller community fish for the first time. I’ve always been into big mean cichlids curious to see what i can do with community fish!

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
if only I was able to. absolutely no where to put another tank in my house at the moment. Current 75 gallon already cramming my room more than I would like. I think once I go to college I’ll set up a small 10-20 gallon tank where I can enjoy smaller community fish for the first time. I’ve always been into big mean cichlids curious to see what i can do with community fish!
Stacked tank setup may be your best option there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store