Discus with a dent??

Andrew101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2015
How's the discus doing? How are your water paramenters? Any new fish in the tanks? How's the poo? Any signs of distress breathing? I know you said you can't take pictures of him... But pictures speak a thousand words.
He's gone now. He would swim then just sit at the bottom like he can't then just go nuts and swim in the glass and everything. I did a 50% water change and a salt treatment yesterday fight before he died.

RDFISHGUY

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2006
Red Deer, AB.
Could have been whirling disease?? It can cause deformities and erratic swim behaviors.

Discuslove99

Feeder Fish
May 7, 2020
Hi I have had discus for almost a year now and they are all doing fine eating and good water qualities. I do a 30% water change every other day and age my water for 48 hours to maintain a stray ph but one of my discus has been sitting at the top corner swimming and eating very little and he is one of my oldest discus but he has a dent in his body and I'm not sure what it is or how to treat it. They get a healthy diet because they're from discus Hans and I feed them Hans discus mix. I have tried just doing more water changes and adding some salt. And unfortunately I can't get any pictures because the dent is not noticeable in photos.
Okay so I just got another discus and there was trauma on the way here because UPS lost the box and I lost three fish one is struggling and what is doing okay but the one struggling has a dent in the middle of his body I have never seen that before and so of course I Googled it and came up with this website so I am curious because one of you said something about laying on the side and of course he hasn't eaten because he just arrived yesterday he's got a friend in here who's trying to save him I'm trying to as well and somebody wrote something about whirling disease which I have never heard of can anybody help me out here I feel like he's not going to make it I'm doing everything I can of course and yes I'm going to do a water change

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Okay so I just got another discus and there was trauma on the way here because UPS lost the box and I lost three fish one is struggling and what is doing okay but the one struggling has a dent in the middle of his body I have never seen that before and so of course I Googled it and came up with this website so I am curious because one of you said something about laying on the side and of course he hasn't eaten because he just arrived yesterday he's got a friend in here who's trying to save him I'm trying to as well and somebody wrote something about whirling disease which I have never heard of can anybody help me out here I feel like he's not going to make it I'm doing everything I can of course and yes I'm going to do a water change
Likely from physical injury or poor genetics. If it’s from trauma then letting settle down is the best way. Reduce stress. Hope it survives. There’s a whirling disease but it’s seen more in wild fish and this is likely from trauma. Adding a medication may stress the fish out more. Welcome to the forum but sorry it has to be in this setting.

Reactions: angelcrze
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store