Diy foods

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Has anyone made there own foods that are capable of shelf life? Ie by using own ingredients and gelatin or eggs n mix or wheygel or whey protein etc and addd preservatives? That dont need to be stored in the freezer?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Only stuff I’ve made is stuff that’s stored in the freezer. I can post a link to a thread I posted about making food and the. Flattening it out in gallon freezer bags to store in my freezer. The flat bags are pretty space efficient, so they don’t take up much room. A 7-8 lb batch typically lasts me around 6 months, but I only feed every three days and I also use frozen krill and live night crawlers in addition to the mix.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH

Here’s the thread. It’s not a video, but there are pictures. I’m actually going to be making some today. You don’t have to use the exact ingredients that I do, you can get other stuff, but I do recommend making tilapia the main ingredient. I will say, anytime I feed, it gets a bit messy, but typically, the food stays together pretty well.

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017

Here’s the thread. It’s not a video, but there are pictures. I’m actually going to be making some today. You don’t have to use the exact ingredients that I do, you can get other stuff, but I do recommend making tilapia the main ingredient. I will say, anytime I feed, it gets a bit messy, but typically, the food stays together pretty well.
I recommend a slapchop to get them smaller pieces.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store