DIY Jellyfish Aquarium!

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
Tanked made one out of a standard rectangular aquarium. It just had corner overflows and angled power heads so the jellies couldn't get stuck in a corner. Also it had water coming in from the bottom so they would be pushed up slightly and could never touch the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Tanked made one out of a standard rectangular aquarium. It just had corner overflows and angled power heads so the jellies couldn't get stuck in a corner. Also it had water coming in from the bottom so they would be pushed up slightly and could never touch the bottom.
I would wonder if it actually worked out long-term since most of their aquariums are kept on a maintenance schedule that includes replacement fishes in many cases.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
I would wonder if it actually worked out long-term since most of their aquariums are kept on a maintenance schedule that includes replacement fishes in many cases.
I wonder how many jellyfish they will go through long term. Moon jellies dont live more than 6 months to a year

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
I'm going to price out acrylic again to see if it's possible to pull this off without spending a ton of cash; I might be able to get some jellyfish for cheap or maybe even for free.
FREE JELLIES!?! HOOK ME UP

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
too bad he uses silicone on acrylic lol...did anyone else notice that? Tank probably exploded after the picture was taken. i did enjoy the d.i.y. canister though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store