DIY OVERFLOW AND PLUMBING

FierceMonkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
Utah
MY PLUMBING IS STILL IN THE WORKS SO I'LL HAVE MORE PICS LATER. I'VE BUILT MY OVERFLOW AND WET/DRY OUT OF LEXAN SINCE MY DAD HAD A BUNCH LAYING AROUND, FORGOT MY CAMERA WHILE I WAS BUILDING THEM SO I DON'T HAVE TO MANY PICS OF THEM. WHEN YOU GET TO THE SECOND TO THE BOTTOM YOU'LL PROBABLY WONDER WHAT THE AIR LINE TUBING IS FOR I HAVEN'T GOT FAR ENOUGH TO SHOW YOU THE SETUP YET SO I'LL TRY TO EXPLAIN I'VE GOT SIX TUBES ON EACH SIDE TO ADD UP TO THE 3/4" PVC I FIGURED IF I DID THIS I COULD DRILL HOLES INTO MY BACKGROUND AND ANGLE THE STREAM WHERE AND WHAT ANGLE I WANT (MY BACKGROUND IS IN ANOTHER POST I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADD A LINK SO YOU'LL HAVE TO FIND IT THE TITLE IS DIY FOAM BACKGROUND I HOPE TO HAVE PICS OF IT SOON

OF-1.jpg

OF-2.jpg

OF-3.jpg

OF-4.jpg

OF-5.jpg

P-1.jpg

P-2.jpg

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
sweet...love DIY projects!

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Nice Job.

By the way, you don't have to yell (you can turn off your cap lock now). And the period key is just below the L key. It will make your writing easier to read.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida

Nice work...It just doesn't get better than DIY!

Keep us post on the progress,

Dr Joe

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
If that is silicon, you may find that it will not perform well with plastic. If it is the proper solvent/glue for lexan, why would you need screws? Not trying to sound like a real downer, but how is the water going to get into the overflow box? I have not seen any parts for that yet.

FierceMonkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
Utah
fish head )'>;944832; said:
If that is silicon, you may find that it will not perform well with plastic. If it is the proper solvent/glue for lexan, why would you need screws? Not trying to sound like a real downer, but how is the water going to get into the overflow box? I have not seen any parts for that yet.
Thanks guys
I didn't have the money for the glue but I've built an iguana cage with a water fall the same way and its held up for about ten years so far. As far as the water getting into the box I've got two pipes going into it I just don't have a pic yet

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store