Do Channa micropeltes adults dig through the substrate?

Naos1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2012
Pasig, Philippines
I'm planning on doing a dwarf sagittaria and sagittaria broadleaf carpet on my next project and I wonder if it's worth the effort. Will adult Channa micropeltes dig? Say 30" big? I'm planning a 2-3" thickness for sand supported by ferts for the sagittaria. If that does not work, garden soil and laterite topped with sand is the alternative, again with ferts. I'll let the sagittaria settle for about 3 months before adding the fish. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Snakeheadred

Snakeheadred

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2020
Giggleinton
I'm planning on doing a dwarf sagittaria and sagittaria broadleaf carpet on my next project and I wonder if it's worth the effort. Will adult Channa micropeltes dig? Say 30" big? I'm planning a 2-3" thickness for sand supported by ferts for the sagittaria. If that does not work, garden soil and laterite topped with sand is the alternative, again with ferts. I'll let the sagittaria settle for about 3 months before adding the fish. Thanks in advance!
Micropeltes does dig it's self in to mud when the water level or river drys up IV seen my one sit it right on on the bottom he sinking in to the the sand or substrate

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store