Do those clear plastic and red check valves work?

Wharf

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pasadena
I ordered some check valves from Amazon, pretty sure they're made in China with everything else. I am running an AP300 under my tank so didn't want a capillary siphon starting resulting in my entire tank on the floor if the power goes off when I am away. Does anyone have experience with these particular check valves? Do I need to get a certain type or will these suffice? I think they are Pawfly or something like that

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
I ordered some check valves from Amazon, pretty sure they're made in China with everything else. I am running an AP300 under my tank so didn't want a capillary siphon starting resulting in my entire tank on the floor if the power goes off when I am away. Does anyone have experience with these particular check valves? Do I need to get a certain type or will these suffice? I think they are Pawfly or something like that
Why not just raise the pump above tank level when you leave town? Safest bet.

Wharf

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pasadena
Why not just raise the pump above tank level when you leave town? Safest bet.
Duly noted and I would probably take the air stones out of the tank during an extended leave, but partially d/t increased evaporation of leaving the pump on while away.

I found these Unites States Plastic Corp CMC 695 Series Mini Check Valves from doing a little research that actually look pretty decent. I will replace the Chinese Amazon check valves when they arrive in a week or so...had to replace one the check valves already d/t leaking air. So that doesn't instill confidence in the Amazon ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store