Do your fish bite you?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
My official count

Kong 3. He caught me when charging across the tank...hates it when I move his stuff around.

Boss 0. Charges but never tries to bite. Doesn't like his stuff being moved around either. Flies out like a cannon ball.

Brick 5. Usually from trying to eat everything, he gets excited. Caught my finger up to the knuckle more than once. The first time he did it he scared himself and blew up a cloud of turds.

Patch 0. But not for lack of trying. Since I know about her teeth I won't reach into the tank unless she's on the other side. She will ignore the net and go straight for your hand.

Ranking my "biters"

1. Patch
  2. Brick
  3. Kong
  4. Boss
Neither the severum (Chip) or Syno (Rex) bite at all, lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Been bitten by a few of my fish over the years,most notably was my armatus that managed to move in and shank my hand.I posted a photo of the results of that a few years ago.I have one of my big datnoids who will peck at my fingers when he is in the mood to do so.

Reactions: Matteus and Dloks

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’ve been bit by a lot of my fish. The gts, koi, goldies, and my puffer. He took a small chunk out of my finger. The terrors range from not leaving any marks to drawing blood. Koi and goldies are encouraged to nibble. Haha.
I was recently bit by my turtle too. He got me by surprise. I’ll be more careful now of course. It’s easier to learn these kind of lessons while they are small and can’t due much of any damage yet.

Reactions: Matteus and Jexnell

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
My oscars sometimes jump out and bite when feeding. Years and years ago I was doing tank maintenance and put some piranha in a plastic tub. One jumped out and I grabbed it to put it back. Blood all over the place. Duh! Don't forget this is a Piranha you are grabbing?

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Been bitten by a few of my fish over the years,most notably was my armatus that managed to move in and shank my hand.I posted a photo of the results of that a few years ago.I have one of my big datnoids who will peck at my fingers when he is in the mood to do so.
**** just got real...

I had a big puffer snip my gshock watch band off. I held my wrist and waited for the blood. Thankfully it scratched me and snipped the band

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
18" dovii nailed my hand and my old jag grabbed my forearm while I was reaching over the top. I never tested the big wolves gangster or the shell crushing puffers

This little 4" Miurus puffer has got me more than anyone in the past 15yrs. It's like getting pinched with tweezers

• Haha

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
**** just got real...

I had a big puffer snip my gshock watch band off. I held my wrist and waited for the blood. Thankfully it scratched me and snipped the band
Damn,one of those bad boys could steal a finger!

Reactions: Matteus

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
18" dovii nailed my hand and my old jag grabbed my forearm while I was reaching over the top. I never tested the big wolves gangster or the shell crushing puffers

This little 4" Miurus puffer has got me more than anyone in the past 15yrs. It's like getting pinched with tweezers
Thats funny. :wall:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
**** just got real...

Gotta love G-shocks, had one save my life too. Sounds like you're going to need a stainless or titanium band replacement :)

My Kamfa tries to bite me every day; he's only succeeded twice in the last year and a half, both drawing very small amounts of blood.

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
my hoplias mala when I had it bit me when it was a juvenile and drew blood I have also been bitten by my chana pulchara but that didnt do any damage to my finger though. My ebjd attacked my hand on saturday as I pulled some algae from his tank he just didnt want my hand in his tank. He then went into a big sulk in his cave after.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store