Does anybody have a 10x6 tank?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Anybody got a 10x6 tank? Would love to see what these dimensions look like.
Preferably a tank, not a pond.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Although, now you have me thinking I could do this with plywood and get it into the house. Just use 1/2" plywood with a seam.....
Dont have to use an seam. 2x4s and plyg will do the job better for you. It becomes sturdier with 2x4 framing and bracing on top with 2x4.

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Dont have to use an seam. 2x4s and plyg will do the job better for you. It becomes sturdier with 2x4 framing and bracing on top with 2x4.
Along the bottom I would require a seam to have a flat base. But, I went and did a quick calculation on glass cost without delivery, and that time and work would be more than buying the acrylic box.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Along the bottom I would require a seam to have a flat base. But, I went and did a quick calculation on glass cost without delivery, and that time and work would be more than buying the acrylic box.
In the tank yes. But that seam you just put some plaster and then some glassfiber if your not going with an rubber pondliner.

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
In the tank yes. But that seam you just put some plaster and then some glassfiber if your not going with an rubber pondliner.

I'd do the Pond Armor as my previous build. To get a 8'x6' base, I'd do to "hamburger" strips that are 6'x4' then another set of 3'x8' strips under that. The gluing up of these bonds would make a super strong base to build from there. My constraint is the door into the house and it cannot be built in place. Also, glass cost is high as it would be 3 sheets to get the same peninsula effect.

Sorry to derail.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
I'm not sure I'd want to move a plywood tank, although at the same time a 10x6 tank made of anything is going to be a pain to move. But with moving a plywood tank, you run the risk of micro cracks or larger cracks in the epoxy.
If you're not building in place, I wouldn't do plywood. Just my 2c

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store