Does anyone keep Sarcocheilichthys parvus?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
cockroach cockroach

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
I have not kept them before. I have a little info on them in Chinese.
Hillstream species thrives in clear, slightly cooler water. Occupies lower to middle levels of water column.
Usually about 50mm (2") when sexually mature for females and males up to 70mm.
They are apparently bivalve spawners so need freshwater mussels or clams to breed.
Enjoy being in groups I read on one website.

But in general, info is scant as on these little guys. I would love to get my hands on a group.

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
I have not kept them before. I have a little info on them in Chinese.
Hillstream species thrives in clear, slightly cooler water. Occupies lower to middle levels of water column.
Usually about 50mm (2") when sexually mature for females and males up to 70mm.
They are apparently bivalve spawners so need freshwater mussels or clams to breed.
Enjoy being in groups I read on one website.

But in general, info is scant as on these little guys. I would love to get my hands on a group.
Thanks mate. I'm keeping them in a semi-hillstream setup with gobies and hillstream loaches. They seem to like it but are a bit shy. I've put this down to some incompatible barbs that I'll be rehoming. Do you know anything about food for them. They seem to pick at things but don't eat with much gusto. That's interesting they spawn in freshwater mussels. I have one in the tank for my bitterling. Nothing seems interested it though.

Do you know anything about Asian bitterling by any chance. I have at least 3 species but also having trouble IDing them.

Thanks!

Reactions: Fishman Dave

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Thanks mate. I'm keeping them in a semi-hillstream setup with gobies and hillstream loaches. They seem to like it but are a bit shy. I've put this down to some incompatible barbs that I'll be rehoming. Do you know anything about food for them. They seem to pick at things but don't eat with much gusto. That's interesting they spawn in freshwater mussels. I have one in the tank for my bitterling. Nothing seems interested it though.

Do you know anything about Asian bitterling by any chance. I have at least 3 species but also having trouble IDing them.

Thanks!
Not much. But chuck up some pictures and we'll see what happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store