Does this amano shrimp have eggs?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I had before on my amanos. Extremely hard to hatch the eggs and successfully raise the shrimplets, I didn’t bother creating a brackish salt water hatching system for them. Not worth the hassle

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I have kept amanos in numbers for years. They get berried all the time but I do not try to breed and then raise them. I hate salt water itself. I have not gone swimming in the ocean in close to 50 years. I will not even hatch BBS because of the mess salt makes water makes.

However, a fish friend was into trying to hatch out and raise amano babies. She would come here and I would let her take the berried ones home. She managed to succeed in raising them to some extent and she would bring me back some babies when she came for more berried females and to return the ones she had taken.

My water is on the soft side and neutral pH. I also have assassin snails. I need to add a bit of crushed coral to tanks with these things in them. I have a 75 gal. jungle tank with both shrimp and snails and I have to add a bit of SeaChem Equilibrium as well because of the plant/shrimp/snail load.

I used to buy imported amanos in 50 or 100 shrimp lots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store