Dog lover?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
The family wanted the money or whatever was in the will and didn't choose for that poor dog too die naturally. Wanted whatever they had coming right away.

Reactions: islandguy11

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
How is it there exists laws towards cruelty to animals, yet this was allowed?
I'm no animal loving nut, I actually hunt, but I believe this is just wrong. Plain human selfishness
Me too. I've almost always have argued against dog 'rights' but this is crazy.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Wow......but I guess not that shocking. I’ve heard of people taking perfectly healthy pets in to be euthanized.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm the odd one out as I have no strong opinion towards, I'm not for or against it. What I will say is that pets are treated as property in the us and it works best that way because once you start giving animals rights it will go downhill so fast that your head will spin. It opens up grounds to have a standing on making it legally enforceable to provide proper space for animals which will lead to a legal battle as to what classifies as "proper space" for what animals. That's not all though, we cull our fry right? Nope, someone (likely from peta) will now have legal grounds to make it illegal to do so. All of this will lead to people who sell animals being held legally responsible for what their customers do because ya know, the person should have required proof of the enclosure that the animal will go into so it will be much harder to get animals.

To sum it all up, it is a shame that this happened but if we try to give animals rights to stop this then it leads into a mess which is much worse than it was before.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
At the end of the day, it just shows you how selfish the damn woman was. Also how ignorant the law can be at the same time. Truly sad!
Was she actually selfish, or just plain nuts?

I wonder, that if the situation were reversed, would she be willing to commit suicide to be with her deceased dog?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Saw that headline but do not know the details. Could be the will required the dog be killed (cant spell the E word) so they can get the money as tlindsey mentioned. That at least makes sense. Otherwise how would the dead woman know anyway?

I had a dog many years ago but lost him to a busy highway. I did not want the dog but my first wife's brother got a wild hair and bought a pup. He could not keep it so brought it out to our place in the country for a little while. He never came back for the dog so we kept it. I trained the dog and when the first wife left she did not want the dog either. By then it was my dog anyway. We had to move and wound up near a busy road.
I will not have another dog partly because I again live near a busy highway and know that you can keep a dog safe 99.9% of the time but they still get lose. I would not mind having another dog but know my current place is not a good fit. My personal likes are not sufficient to risk a dogs life.

The last few years a house near me was converted to a rental and so far has had students from a near by college. LMU ( Lincoln Memorial University). Pretty much all the students have had dogs for some reason. My observation is the deal is not much good for the dogs. A year or so ago there were supposed to be three people in that three bedroom house but they cheated the landlord. Wound up with seven people and 18 dogs in that three bedroom house. Eleven pups and seven adult dogs. The german shepard pups were eventually sold but that left the adult dogs. I figured they were all crazy. One girl I got to know a bit eventually moved out because it was mad situation which she could not stand. Most all the students have had dogs which makes little sense to me. I never had time for a dog back when I was in school.
I watched one girl this last year have her dog out side while she sat and looked at her phone most of the time. Then she put the dog back inside and left.

I guess what I am getting at is most people have dogs for their own selfish reasons that appear to me to have little to do with the welfare of the dog. More to some personal reason I do not always understand. I have begun to think it is a popular fad among young folks sort of like the SUV thing. Back a decade or so the dog fad was having the tiny lap dogs which was a popular thing to do. Now my guess is it can be any sort of dog with perhaps a "rescue dog" giving status. So that a woman wanted her dog killed and buried with her is some more extreme but fits in with what I have been seeing the last years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store