Dont know if these fish can stay together in this aquarium

Lucas-SR

Feeder Fish
Apr 20, 2019
Hey guys i have a Length -60 (inches), Width -20 (inches) and Height -20 (inches) aquarium, that makes a 100 gallon aquarium, and i was wondering if i could have 1 silver arowana,1 aligator gar,2 black ghost knifefish,1 redtail catfish,1 bichir and 1 flowerhorn.
Of those fish wich ones would you put together?
Please guys i really need to know if those fish can stay together and in that aquarium.

Last edited:

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not for life. It’ll be a short quick growout tank.

Fh, bichir ( depends on bichir) and bgk can stay in ur tank.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Not for very long. Also, depending on the sizes of the FH & the Aro, the FH will likely kill the Aro if they're close to the same size. Altogether, unless they are all extremely small juveniles, they won't fit for long.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I agree with H Hawkfish3.0 and kno4te kno4te . The Silver Aro, Redtail Catfish,and Alligator Gar will outgrow and pose a danger to the other species.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Hey guys i have a Length -60 (inches), Width -20 (inches) and Height -20 (inches) aquarium, that makes a 100 gallon aquarium, and i was wondering if i could have 1 silver arowana,1 aligator gar,2 black ghost knifefish,1 redtail catfish,1 bichir and 1 flowerhorn.
Of those fish wich ones would you put together?
Please guys i really need to know if those fish can stay together and in that aquarium.
WOW!
Start saving for another tank.
Just the sound of it makes my take seem like the great lakes.
An RTC?
Do you know the aggression of flowerhorns? A gar & an aro?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Firstly welcome aboard.

How long have you been in the hobby for if you don't mind me asking. I don't want to appear rude but the question you ask is like something we'd get from a bit of a wide eyed kid just coming into the hobby and dosen't know the first thing about fishkeeping.

Now if all these fish are tiny and you're just growing them out for a few months (or weeks in the RTC's case) then that is very different to wanting to put all those fish, in that size tank, for life, which would be so irresponsible.

You don't give any details of your long term plans for these fish, whether you are upgrading tanks in a few weeks, nor have you said if you've even got them yet! Have you done any research on these fish?

Like I said, I don't want to appear rude, i'm just trying to prevent you from making one hell of a mistake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store