Don't know what/why it is

Dunghe

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2017
I saw one of my ray have a running/moving/shifting spots. The rats turning yellow/brownish. It was black and white. I also noticed in the tank, there are film type of floating looks like slime jelly. I also found the same thing attached to my oxydoras niger.

Could it be the ray is stressed out? Or could it be parasites?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
water parameters?

water is good, water no issues, etc is not accepted :redface:

water change regime?

Does it go away after a water change?

Reactions: Tobiassorensen

Dunghe

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2017
I know it's embarrassing. I've never check my water parameter. This 600gal tank gets 30% water changed weekly.

What cause the running spots? Would it be because of being bullied or purely just water parameter?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I know it's embarrassing. I've never check my water parameter. This 600gal tank gets 30% water changed weekly.

What cause the running spots? Would it be because of being bullied or purely just water parameter?
both are possible

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Thats slimecoat you see. The waterparams will probably be bad. Your ray looks skinny. But it might be the angle of the picture to.
What is your parameters?
Ph?
Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
What kind of filtration you run on your tank?
What species do you have in the tank?
You need to up your wc schedule to say 50-60% at least once a week. Preferably twice a week.

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
Usually with extra slime on fish I have found it to be water issues. Increase water change frequency and it should help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store