Dont trust Gus

LizardQueen

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 19, 2016
Tucson
Ok so Gus is my arowana- hes getting rather large and always been a great fish I enjoy him greatly. Top lessons I have learned from Gus:

1)Gus is a giant jerk to angel fish- also plecos. Lets face it Gus is a giant jerk to himself. Got angels that were much too large for the fish to eat and everything was great then one night I hear what sounds like him jumping out of the tank and flopping about- nope- he has just decided to eat one and because he cant get the whole thing in his mouth he jams his face into the glass to shove it down his stupid face. [Gus is a one man wolf pack. He is a strong independent fish that dont need no school stop wasting money on fish- you will just lose them to the best.]

2) Gus hates the dogs so much so that when they walk by he makes it known he hates them by acting like a fool and giving them a fright. Hes a rather large fish and by far the biggest I have ever had. One dog is so afraid of Gus she refuses to look at the tank- instead she just tucks tail and tries to slink past. [Avoid asking the dog to go in there unless you piratically carry her otherwise you will hear a 90 pound shepherd sound like its being skinned alive.]

3) Dont bother trying to make the tank look nice because Gus will just uproot the plants anyway- great you spent 40 bucks and now you have floating grass. sweet. [Screw trying to make things look nice he likes water cant screw up water.]

4) Dont expect to sleep if you have the midnight light on because Gus will let you know he hates it and he seems to know every instance you drift off to sleep because he takes the opportunity to SLAM against the glass then look at you with a displeased face. [No more blue night light]

5) Sand is like Kahn... abrasive and evil and makes you shout out its name as it eats your fluval. [In the tone of Edna Mode from the Incredible s: NO SAND]

6) When cleaning fish tank have net on hand because Gus thinks this is a game to try and suicide out of the water the moment I look away. [Just move Gus to the time out tub.]

7) Having an arowana means you will probably get great feeding responses- as evidence my 5 year old went to feed Gus and is now afraid he will one night walk out of his tank to eat her fingers. [Gus is a thug who eats fingers- give daughter tongs next time. Also scold fish because that makes kid feel better- Gus cares not.]

8) Gus also likes to have a dramatic health thing- like somehow bashing his head on the top so hard it gashes and he needs stitches to save his eye. [Learn local vets and dont be ashamed to ask if they see fish... mine does... he rocks. He also thinks Gus is a giant jerk.]

In the last year I went from only ever owning walmart styled fish when I was like 12 to all of a sudden getting an arowana dropped off in my lap. All the things I have learned have been baptism in fire and I feel like learning things the hard way makes them stick a lot better. Next project is gar. <3 gar

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
Gus sounds awesome

KabobSoldier

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Dallas,TX
Gus sounds like the kind of fish you will never forget about. As much of a jerk Gus may be, deep down inside you love him haha. I miss my silver arowana, it jumped out before I was able to connect with it on such a level.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Gus sounds like my old silver aro which I kept for 8 years. Is there a photo of Gus you can share?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Do you have a photo of Gus? Can you post a photo of Gus? :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store