Dovii X Rose Queen hybrid!?!

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
I had been gone for the weekend in the keys and when I came home I saw this. I got video of the Rose Queen digging out sand by the rock while the Dovii protected her. And know there in that hole a lot, it's the hole in the picture. I know Dovii have bread with Red Devils and Rose queen has Red Devil in it. Is it possible??

IMG_7429.PNG

joegriggs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2016
Definitely possible. Just a matter of whether they're fertile and survive. What sex is the Rose Queen? I read up that male Rose Queens have a tendency to be infertile because they're a hybrid.

joegriggs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2016
I did some reading up on this a while ago. It's been proven that with these hybrids, such as Blood Parrot (BP) and Red Texas (RT), infertility is common. Especially in the males but not always the females. I'd be pretty certain that your Dovii's fertile, because it's not a hybrid. You'll know in a couple of days if you see any eggs/wrigglers. If the eggs are fertile then they should be a transparent brown coloration, any white ones have gone bad.

joegriggs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2016
Thanks man, is this the first time Dovii have bread with RQ?
I have no idea. Not naturally in the wild because RQ is a hybrid, but like I said it'a definitely possible in captivity. I'd be interested to see the outcome.

Reactions: AstroGuard
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store